As you may have already read, you’ve got an explanation on enabling logging in Asqatasun in the doc.
Before going on, one important thing must be understood in the build process:
- Your sources are located in, say,
/home/nivak91/sources/asqatasun/. When you code, these are the files you modify
- When you build (
mvn clean install), the artifacts (artifact = product of the build) are in the
- Once built, you’ll want to test, thus install your Asqatasun:
- If you never installed Asqatasun, grab the whole archive (from
asqatasun-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.i386.tar.gz), unpack it and install Asqatasun (this is the long way).
- If you’ve already installed Asqatasun on your machine, and you did not modify the DB schema, then you can copy the WAR file (grab it from
/home/nivak91/sources/asqatasun/web-app/asqatasun-web-app/target/asqatasun-web-app-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.war) and copy it into your Tomcat webapp directory, typically
/var/lib/tomcat7/webapp/, no need to restart tomcat, just wait for the deployment to be done. This is the short way.
- If you don’t want to bother with the installation stuff, you can use the Compile and build docker image script, which does what its name suggests with plenty of usefull options (
-h option will give you everything). This is the way.
That being said, from the paths you mention, I think you modified the
log4j.properties that is deployed (i.e. after the build is done). Thus that’s no surprise you’ve got to modify it after each build.
To avoid this, you’d better modify directly the
log4j.properties from the sources, which is located in
Your files (
WebResourceStatisticsDAOImpl) are in the module
org.asqatasun.entity.dao, so add the following line to your
Hope this helps !