Some bugs and question about multi lang

I welcome, in advance excuse for translation quality.

It was succeeded to launch system through Jelastic, even I tested couple of tests.

That noted, the system doesn’t define cyrillic

For some reason in case of switching on of the English version, the description goes in French
__http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/kiss_28kb.1448957464.png

Now questions:
What configuration of the server is necessary, for an application launch? Now I have VPS on Uduntu, with 512RAM, understand that it can be a little.

Whether it is possible to Russify application, that is whether all lines in language files are available?

Whether there is an opportunity to brand the report, especially PDF? If the word “brand” isn’t clear, I think whitelable it will be more clear.

1 Like

Hi @gwynnbleiidd

I reach the same result with a public URL

it’s here : :blue_book:

But I think we’ll use a online translation platform like Weblate.

The application is supposed to work on any charset.

It seems to come from a bad configuration on the encoding type in the DB layer. Can you confirm your mysql is set to work in UTF-8?

Can you have a look on the ‘CONTENT’ table to see how the HTML is stored?

About the french description of tests when switching to english, it is unfortunately due to the lack of english translation for the referential we work on.

Regards,

Koj

1 Like

Hi @gwynnbleiidd,

Welcome and thank you for your feedback !

The recommended minimal hardware requirement is 2Gb of RAM. For CPU, the more you get the faster you process :slight_smile: but any actual CPU is good. For the harddrive, as you may think, SSD provides a significant improvement for all read/write operations.

All these information are in the documentation, that is being (massively) refactored. It will be available at http://doc.asqatasun.org/ in the “Install doc” section.

Yes sure ! And we would be more than happy to have a russian i18n for Asqatasun ! I am setting up translation platform (Transifex). I will post all the details when it is available.

There is no such feature (yet). If you feel comfortable with Java, you could contribute to create it ! @koj could bring you some help on where to begin.

1 Like

I checked on installations of mines with http://ru.wikipedia.org/. For both v4.0.0-beta2 and v3.1.0, the issue occurs.

v3.1.0

mysql> select DTYPE, Id_Content, Dt_Loading, Http_Status_Code, Uri, Charset, Doctype, Id_Audit, Id_Page  from CONTENT where Id_Content=12328;
+---------+------------+---------------------+------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----------------+----------+---------+
| DTYPE   | Id_Content | Dt_Loading          | Http_Status_Code | Uri                                                                                                                                   | Charset | Doctype         | Id_Audit | Id_Page |
+---------+------------+---------------------+------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------+-----------------+----------+---------+
| SSPImpl |      12328 | 2015-12-04 10:34:04 |              200 | https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%97%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0 | UTF-8   | <!DOCTYPE html> |      116 |   12350 |

So charset seems good.

Adapted_Content (not shown here) contains lots of ??? characters.

And the DB was created with

GRANT USAGE ON * . * TO '$tgUser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '$tgPassword';
CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `$tgDatabase` CHARACTER SET utf8;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `$tgDatabase` . * TO '$tgUser'@'localhost';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

v4.0.0-beta2

mysql> select DTYPE, Id_Content, Dt_Loading, Http_Status_Code, Uri, Charset, Doctype, Id_Audit, Id_Page  from CONTENT where Id_Content=1;
| DTYPE   | Id_Content | Dt_Loading          | Http_Status_Code | Uri                                                                                                                                   | Charset | Doctype         | Id_Audit | Id_Page |
| SSPImpl |          1 | 2015-12-04 09:22:36 |              200 | https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%97%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0 | UTF-8   | <!DOCTYPE html> |        1 |       1 |

Same result:

• charset seems OK,
  • Adapted_Content also contains lots of ??? characters.

And DB was created with pre-requesites.sh that does specify UTF-8:

GRANT USAGE ON * . * TO '${DATABASE_USER}'@'${DATABASE_HOST}' IDENTIFIED BY '${DATABASE_PASSWD}'; \
    CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS ${DATABASE_DBNAME} CHARACTER SET utf8; \
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON ${DATABASE_DBNAME} . * TO '${DATABASE_USER}'@'${DATABASE_HOST}'; \
    FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Thanks for your councils.
Now I try to deliver through Docker on a test server, meanwhile I bought the small server for a month.

I will take language files on the translation, we will look that it will turn out to make with them. For a start I want to make full audit of the site, what to understand a completeness of data.

It is a pity that for installation process difficult, though for good programmers - quite simple :slight_smile:

No, nevertheless there were questions.
After installation from Docker. There is such error:
Error response from daemon: Can't start container 59820aeac1a4b714fcb2a2966517085ad4ba759239d36a4d04ebe7ac2102631d: failed to create endpoint asqa_test on network bridge: Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:8080: bind: address already in use

If I change port, for example on 1000 or 8081, in case of the address to 8081/asqatasun occurs nothing, or seldom the site gives an error - ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Ok, i fix problem with port - listen some port and find empty 8082.
But on web - empty i try connect 8082/asqatasun

OK, I got a track to follow : Mysql character_set and collation. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

The bind error, is due to a running process that already uses the port 8080. Stop the service that uses this port, or as you might do, change the value of the host port on the start command line.
Then, the application can be reached at http://localhost:$YOUR_PORT/asqatasun/.

For the encoding bug, we have a serious idea of the origin of the problem.
May be fixed very soon

Koj

The configuration of Mysql is (in /etc/mysql/my.cnf, section [mysqld])

skip-character-set-client-handshake
collation_server=utf8_unicode_ci
character_set_server=utf8

This is fixed ! Issue 43

You can add the following in your /etc/mysql/my.cnf

[client]
default-character-set=utf8

[mysql]
default-character-set=utf8

[mysqld]
collation-server = utf8_general_ci
init-connect='SET NAMES utf8'
character-set-server = utf8

This will be integrated in the next beta.

1 Like